Friday, April 22, 2011

A "Thank You" off the street

From GaryO , Tullahoma Downtown Lions- TN12S

Last weekend as I left our Tennessee Lions State Convention in downtown Chattanooga, I had to stop for a gas fill-up. Just as I was about to leave, a young , but large man approached me... slightly temided. But by the way he was dressed and by the location of where I stopped, I was immediately on guard.

I must admit, I made an immediate ""judgement" based on his clothes and his physicality. But since he walked right up to me,  I had no choice but to respond face-to-face within inches.

He said " I see your license plate..... you're a Lion ?".

I said "Yes"

He stuck out his hand to shake mine and said " You Lions have helped my family and I just wanted to say Thank You"

I barely got the words " Thank you" out.... As I left , I felt ashamed of my initial thoughts as he approached.. But it was tempered by the great pride I felt in being a Lion.

No comments:

Post a Comment